Thursday, February 25, 2010

Slowly but Surely...




I've started developing the characters. It's one of the scariest places to get to for me because it's a turning point for the art from drawing to painting. I feel confident with the sketch and washes... and I feel confident once I'm painting and shading... but this in-between area can make or break it for me. I think I'm passed the scariest part though, and am excited to work some more tonight. Now it's just making this thing happen.


I'm trying to be careful with the hands and skin tones... two critiques I had from the Babe Ruth painting in the fall. (See below.) I know those are problem areas, and vividly remember learning to watch out for those areas in college... but when you're working fast, sometimes you fall back into your old habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment