Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Bragging on my MFA


It's been almost three weeks now since I graduated from The Hartford Art School with my MFA in Illustration. It was an incredible, life-changing experience, and I thought this would be a good opportunity to brag on my program a little bit.


The photo above was taken during our San Francisco critique with the combined classes of 2011 and 2012. This is only a fraction of our faculty, but look at the talent and fame represented by the illustrators in this picture. Starting at the top with the Casey at the Bat book we have C. F. Payne. Moving right is Bill Thomson, Murray Tinkelman, Doug Andersen, Ted Lewin, Betsy Lewin  and Gary Kelley! These are the faculty - these are the professionals guiding and directing us to be the best we can be! Every day I went to class to learn from my illustration heroes... like I said, it was life-changing. I'd like to think my art has been lifted up to a new level of excellence. Thank you Murray and the staff and faculty at the Hartford Art School's MFA in Illustration program. I will miss you immensely.

1 comment: