Thursday, December 1, 2011

Tumnus' Journal

I know I keep blogging about past work, but I recently showed this project to my Drawing class at Union University, and their excitement over it re-inspired me to blow off the dust and bring this book back into the light.
As a high school graduation gift, three good friends bought me my first set of C.S. Lewis' The Chronicles of Narnia. I read the entire series the summer before I started college at Indiana Wesleyan University (IWU) - and the impact was so powerful, that I began to use the stories as the basis for most of my projects in art school.
After I graduated from IWU, I decided to begin the process of binding some of my favorite pieces in a book. The project morphed into a vintage-style Narnian journal. The book is unfinished, but I thought I would post some of my favorite pages over the next few weeks leading up to Christmas. Enjoy the book.

4 comments:

  1. Too much suspense! OPEN OPEN OPEN! Very cool, Josh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you share how you attached your leaves? I have been trying to do this for a couple of years...unsuccessfully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how this one was done but I have used a matte gel medium to a similar effect, not sure if that helps

      Delete
  3. what a wonderful idea, love the cover.

    ReplyDelete