Thursday, September 27, 2012

Autographs: Dan Swartz

I live in Jackson, TN - and while it is a fairly modern city - it has the worst selection of art/cultural magazines. In fact, there is only one book store that carries such magazines - and I always leave disappointed. (Is it so difficult to carry Communication Arts Illustration Annual?) So when my buddy, Dan Swartz, told me he had the cover for Bookmarks Magazine, I didn't think I'd ever get the chance to see it. It was a lucky day when I walked into our book store and found one copy hidden in the back of the Arts/Cultural section - like striking gold. I bought Dan's issue, and got his signature the next time I saw him. 

Dan Swartz is a good friend of mine and fellow Hartford MFA'er.  He is a hard worker, go-getter, and all around great guy. Please check out his web site at http://daniel-swartz.com/.


No comments:

Post a Comment