Thursday, September 20, 2012

Autographs: Peter deSeve

I've started entering the New Yorker's, Blown Covers contest on line - which made me remember my autographed copy of one of Peter deSeve's covers. So I thought it would be fun to show off that cover, as well as some of the other autographs I've collected over the years. 

I'll start with The New Yorker. I've always loved the work of Peter deSeve - so comical and thought provoking... and just good art. Mr. deSeve spoke to our MFA group in New York City at The Society of Illustrators... it was a dream come true and one of the highlights of the trip for me. I can still visualize the entire experience. 

Funny story - I had previously purchased the magazine specifically for our NYC trip. I brought it to New York, kept it safe... and then forgot to bring it to The Society of Illustrators the day Peter deSeve was going to speak! I remembered at our lunch break and decided to rush back to our apartment to get it. It was day two in New York, and I had not quite figured out the subway system... meaning I took the wrong train to the wrong stop... had to retrace my steps to figure out where I was... and ended up being late to hear Mr. deSeve speak. It was a wild ride - but I got the autograph.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment